This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.628 / 51°37'40"N
Longitude: -1.1431 / 1°8'35"W
OS Eastings: 459410
OS Northings: 192481
OS Grid: SU594924
Mapcode National: GBR 90M.ZRT
Mapcode Global: VHCYH.4BKT
Entry Name: Former Warehouse Approximately 20 Metres North of Shillingford Court
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048093
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248234
Location: Warborough, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Warborough
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Warborough
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WARBOROUGH WHARF ROAD
SU5992 (East side)
11/203 Former warehouse approx. 20m.
N of Shillingford Court
(Shillingford Court not included)
Warehouse, now house. Mid C18, extended C19. Coursed squared clunch rubble with
brick dressings; old plain-tile roof. 2-range plan extended to 3. Two storeys
plus attics. Triple-gabled front has original bays to left with a stepped brick
weathered to the plinth, small windows at ground floor and in the half-hipped
gables, and large inserted first-floor windows. Later range to right also has
altered windows. Earlier bays have a central brick-framed datestone, now
decayed, and 2 stone plaques, to left, inscribed "Jan 27 1809/ Up to this stone/
the Water run" (stone renewed), and "December y 3/ 1768/ Up to this Stone/ the
Water run/ JG(?)". Interior not inspected. Now forms part of the ancilliary
buildings of Shillingford Court. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU5941092481
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings