History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Shillingford Farmhouse and Attached Walls and Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Warborough, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6301 / 51°37'48"N

Longitude: -1.1429 / 1°8'34"W

OS Eastings: 459423

OS Northings: 192712

OS Grid: SU594927

Mapcode National: GBR 90M.RW8

Mapcode Global: VHCYH.49N6

Entry Name: Shillingford Farmhouse and Attached Walls and Railings

Listing Date: 18 July 1963

Last Amended: 14 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1048094

English Heritage Legacy ID: 248236

Location: Warborough, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Warborough

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Warborough

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Warborough

Listing Text

WARBOROUGH WHARF ROAD
SU5992 (West side)
Shillingford
11/205 No.8 (Shillingford Farmhouse)
18/07/63 and attached walls and
railings
(Formerly listed as
Shillingford Farmhouse)

GV II

Farmhouse. Early/mid C18. Flared brick with red-brick dressings; coursed clunch
rubble with squared quoins; old plain-tile roof with brick stacks. Double-depth
plan. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 5-window front, in header bond with gauged-brick
segmental arches, has central 6-panel door, with C19 open porch, and 12-pane
sashes in all windows. The brick dentil eaves course continues to rubble sides
and rear. Right side has further segmental-arched sashes; left side has large
C19 canted bay windows with cast-iron ornamental cresting. Double-span hipped
roof with stacks rising from valley. Small C19 rubble and brick wing at rear.
Quoin stone at rear is inscribed "JC 1796". Interior: early/mid C18 stair with
turned balusters and closed string. House is linked by a C19 cast-iron gate to
watching railings and gates, running in front of the house, on a low brick wall,
and to church wall with tiled coping running approx. 50m. to south.


Listing NGR: SU5942392712

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.