This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6558 / 51°39'20"N
Longitude: -1.5851 / 1°35'6"W
OS Eastings: 428796
OS Northings: 195302
OS Grid: SU287953
Mapcode National: GBR 5VW.230
Mapcode Global: VHC0L.GNW1
Entry Name: No. 45 Bromsgrove and the Old Barn
Listing Date: 10 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048491
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249355
Location: Great Faringdon, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Great Faringdon
Built-Up Area: Faringdon
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Faringdon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 08/10/2012
The Old Barn
(Formerly listed as No 45, with attached stable and storage range)
Late C17 to early C19 rubble stone farmhouse, 2-storey with stone tiled roofs.
Large north end range, late C18 to early C19, with brick end wall stacks.
3-window range. Cambered-head brick surrounds to door, centre and northern
windows. Glazing bar sash windows. South side has 20-pane ground floor window
and triple iron-framed casement above. Modern cement and stone porch. Adjoin-
ing range: lower, late C17 to early C18 with south wall stack, originally 2
window but south end obscured by 1713 projecting staircase block with hipped
roof. Date plaque on north side 1713 JRM, 16-pane sash window with stone
voussoirs to west front. Original range has triple casements with iron frames
and leaded lights. Beyond, under continuous roof, additional one-window section
of house with 16-pane sash window to 1st floor and triple casement below, and
attached stable range. Stable range: rubble stone, returned slightly at south
end. West front built out with red brick 1st floor on brick piers to open
ground floor. Modern lintels over. Interior: early C18 narrow staircase with
turned balusters and moulded rail, some chamfered beams and fielded 2-panel
doors, all in central section.
Listing NGR: SU2879695302
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings