History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Bala Racing Limited

A Grade II* Listed Building in Wallingford, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6006 / 51°36'2"N

Longitude: -1.1242 / 1°7'26"W

OS Eastings: 460758

OS Northings: 189448

OS Grid: SU607894

Mapcode National: GBR 911.QLR

Mapcode Global: VHCYP.G1K9

Entry Name: Bala Racing Limited

Listing Date: 9 December 1949

Last Amended: 9 February 1988

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1048511

English Heritage Legacy ID: 249306

Location: Wallingford, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Wallingford

Built-Up Area: Wallingford

Traditional County: Berkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Find accommodation in
Wallingford

Listing Text

WALLINGFORD ST. MARY'S STREET
SU6089SE (East side)
Wallingford
11/139 No.6 (Bala Racing Ltd.)
09/12/9 (Formerly listed as No.6
(White Hart Public House)

GV II*

House, formerly public house, now betting shop. Probably mid C16, with C19
alterations and C20 shop windows to ground floor. Render, probably on timber
framing to ground floor; roughcast, on timber framing to first floor; old
plain-tile cross-gabled roof; brick end stacks. 2-storey, 2-window range. C20
glazed door to centre. C20 shop windows to left, and to right of centre. Plank
studded door with wood Tudor-arched doorway with Tudor rose to left snandrel and
cartouche to right spandrel. C19 three-light casements to first floor. 2 jettied
cross-gables on moulded flattened Tudor-arched beams with carved and moulded
pendants to each end. Interior not inspected but likely to be of interest,
History: formerly the White Hart Inn. Owned in 1561 by John Clack.
(Historic Wallingford, a walk-round guide, J and S Dewey, l982j,


Listing NGR: SU6075889448

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.