This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6921 / 51°41'31"N
Longitude: -1.4421 / 1°26'31"W
OS Eastings: 438659
OS Northings: 199411
OS Grid: SU386994
Mapcode National: GBR 6WT.VLK
Mapcode Global: VHC0G.YQHP
Entry Name: Haugh House
Listing Date: 15 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048618
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250974
Location: Longworth, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX13
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Longworth
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Longworth
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LONGWORTH CHURCH LANE
SU39NE (South side)
3/144 Haugh House
Farmhouse, now house. c.1770-80. Coursed limestone rubble with brick quoins,
dressings and string; stone slate roof; brick stacks. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and
late C20 inserted attic storey; 3-window range. Flat brick arch and brick quoins
to 3-panelled double-leaf doors in moulded wood architrave with flat hood. Flat
brick arches and brick quoins to tripartite sashes. Brick storey band and
dentilled eaves. Gabled dormers inserted c.1980. Gabled roof; gable end stacks.
Segmental brick arches over 4-pane sashes to right side wall. Late C18
two-storey 3-window range extension to rear right in similar materials with
hipped roof; segmental arches of contrasting red and flared brick over central
C20 French window and C18 three-light casements to left. C18 outshut, remodelled
block and C20 extension tc rear right. Interior: Stone flag floors; 6-panelled
doors in moulded architraves. Early C19 fireplaces to front range.
Listing NGR: SU3865999411
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings