This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6702 / 51°40'12"N
Longitude: -1.2827 / 1°16'57"W
OS Eastings: 449698
OS Northings: 197066
OS Grid: SU496970
Mapcode National: GBR 7YR.6HM
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.Q87Z
Entry Name: Former Lion Public House
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250379
Location: Abingdon, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Abingdon on Thames
Built-Up Area: Abingdon
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Abingdon-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 23/11/2012
SU 4997 1/70
No. 15 (Former Lion Public House)
(Formerly listed as The Lion Public House)
Partly rebuilt. A modern front on C17 timber framed house. Two
storeys. Two gables, left one with moden tiles. Roughcast, Two
windows, three light double hung sashes, wood frames. Cills supported
on carved brackets. Centre pediment, rough cut with tiled roof.
Moulded wood band between storeys. On ground floor two double windows,
modern glazing. Modern panelled doorway with gilded lion sign over door.
Passage arch to right, Doric Pilasters. Local farmers used to hire
labour in the courtyard at Michaelmas.
Nos. 1 to 15 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU4968897090
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings