This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6809 / 51°40'51"N
Longitude: -1.2777 / 1°16'39"W
OS Eastings: 450034
OS Northings: 198266
OS Grid: SU500982
Mapcode National: GBR 7YK.FT4
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.S0WQ
Entry Name: Northcourt House and Tatham House
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048888
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250414
Location: Abingdon, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Abingdon on Thames
Built-Up Area: Abingdon
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: North Abingdon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 25/09/2012
SU 5098 3/324
SU 5198 3/324
Northcourt House School
(Formerly listed as Northcourt House School)
Former school. Square in plan, extension to the north-west. Dated 1805 with initials K.H.A Built by Henry Knapp (died 1825) and Anne his wife (Monument in St Helen's Church, Abingdon). Three storeys in chequered brick, rubble cellars. Welsh slate hipped roof behind a small parapet over a stone moulded modillioned cornice. Entrance on the East, square stone porch with quatrefoil panelled balustrade, brick finials. Long segmental arched window through first and second floors flanked on each storey by two windows with glazing bars on the right and by two blocked windows to the left. All with red brick arches, double hung sashes with glazing bars. To the south, the windows have blind boxes, except on the ground floor. Interior:- Contemporary staircase and fireplaces.
Listing NGR: SU5003498266
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings