This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6681 / 51°40'5"N
Longitude: -1.2825 / 1°16'56"W
OS Eastings: 449719
OS Northings: 196833
OS Grid: SU497968
Mapcode National: GBR 7YR.6LK
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.QBCL
Entry Name: 44, East St Helen Street
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048909
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250366
Location: Abingdon, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Abingdon on Thames
Built-Up Area: Abingdon
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Abingdon-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
752 EAST ST HELEN STREET
(South East Side)
SU 4996 1/196 19.1.51 No. 44
Late C18. Red and blue chequered brick. Irregular half-hipped tile
roof, one dormer. Stone capped parapet with noulded cornice. Three
windows, flat stone arches with triple keystone, double hung sashes
with glazing bars. Two windows on the ground floor, no glazing bars.
'Imperial' fire plaque. Pedimented doorcase on brackets, wood pilasters
glazed ornamental fanlight, four panel door. Two stone steps. Stone
band at ground floor level, rendered below with one cellar window.
Nos. 2 to 60 (even) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU4971996833
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings