This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6723 / 51°40'20"N
Longitude: -1.2843 / 1°17'3"W
OS Eastings: 449585
OS Northings: 197296
OS Grid: SU495972
Mapcode National: GBR 7YR.03X
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.P7CD
Entry Name: Nos. 1-4 Gosling Court
Listing Date: 19 January 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048918
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250285
Location: Abingdon, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Abingdon
Civil Parish/community: Abingdon on Thames
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Abingdon-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 04/03/2016
SU 4997 1/54
BATH STREET (East Side),
Nos. 1-4 Gosling Court
(Formerly listed as No 47 (Horse and Jockey Public House), BATH STREET (East Side))
Former public house. C16 or C17 origin. Ancient stone chimney stack remains on south. Refenestrated in the C18. Tile roof, two gables to street. Two storeys and attics. Ground floor of rubble and brick, upper storey rough rendered. Left hand gable has two windows to each storey, flush frames, double hung sashes with glazing bars, cornice. Frieze and cornice between ground and first floor. Ground floor has two three-light later sash windows with glazing bars. Central carriageway, flat arch. Right hand gable has modern canted oriel with tile pentice roof, supported on brackets, modern casements. Ground floor has C18 window in moulded flush frame, double hung sash with glazing bars. Brick outbuildings to rear.
Nos 47 to 61 (odd) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU4958597296
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings