This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7265 / 51°43'35"N
Longitude: -1.3849 / 1°23'5"W
OS Eastings: 442579
OS Northings: 203265
OS Grid: SP425032
Mapcode National: GBR 7XT.QNG
Mapcode Global: VHC09.YV6V
Entry Name: Pencotts
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Last Amended: 17 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048938
English Heritage Legacy ID: 252296
Location: Northmoor, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX29
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Northmoor
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Northmoor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
12/09/55 (Formerly listed as Pencots
Shown on Ordnance Survey map as Pencots.
3 houses. Early C17, with C18 extension to left. Uncoursed limestone rubble with
ashlar dressings; gabled stone slate roof: end stacks finished in C19 brick and
2 stone ridge stacks finished in C18 brick. L-plan with rear left wing. One
storey and attic; 2-window range. Label moulds over 3- and 4-light ovolo-moulded
stone-mullioned windows flanking ovolo-moulded Tudor-arched doorway; C20
casements in half dormers. Early C17 wing of one-bay to rear has similar 2- and
3-light mullioned windows and end stack of stone finished in brick. C18
extension to left; of 2-window range, has timber lintels over two C18 plank
doors flanked by late C19 two-light casements; similar dormer casements.
Interior not inspected but likely to be of interest.
Listing NGR: SP4257903265
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings