This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8138 / 52°48'49"N
Longitude: 1.3394 / 1°20'21"E
OS Eastings: 625140
OS Northings: 329257
OS Grid: TG251292
Mapcode National: GBR WFH.PF5
Mapcode Global: WHMSP.KJ0Q
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 16 April 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049164
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224151
Location: Felmingham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR28
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Felmingham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Banningham, Colby, Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield and Tuttington
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
FELMINGHAM CHURCH LANE
TG 22 NE
4/8 Church of St.Andrew
Parish church. Medieval and later. Flint, brick and stone, pantile roof.
West tower, continuous nave and chancel. Massive tower of flint with stone
dressings; flushwork plinth; angle buttresses. West door with flushwork
panelling to left and right, stone shields on tracery in the spandrels;
Perpendicular 3-light west window with panel tracery, Perpendicular 3-light
bell-openings. Aisleless 3 bay nave of brick dated 1742; stone plinth, brick
buttresses with stone dressings. Re-used C14 3-light windows with mouchettes
under hood moulds possibly of 1742 with square stops. Re-used C15 south door
with heads and shields on one order of moulding. C19 east window. Interior.
No architectural marking of chancel. Tall west arch to tower with polygonal
shafts now obscured by roof. Nave and tower roofs destroyed by gale in 1895
and subsequently re-roofed.
Listing NGR: TG2514029257
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings