This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8694 / 52°52'9"N
Longitude: 1.0981 / 1°5'53"E
OS Eastings: 608619
OS Northings: 334707
OS Grid: TG086347
Mapcode National: GBR T9Y.2GV
Mapcode Global: WHLR7.V43L
Entry Name: Remains of Former Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul
Listing Date: 4 October 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049203
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224040
Location: Edgefield, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR24
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Edgefield
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
TG 03 SE
6/10 Remains of former
parish church of St Peter
and St Paul
Ruins of former medieval parish church. Tower, south porch and connecting
west wall only. 3 stage octagonal west tower, Cll/12. Flint walls rendered
c1982; iron conglomerate quoins and string course; low parapet of flint and
brick renewed. Stone gargoyle. Very large conglomerate projecting ledger
stone c6m. high on south side. Tall narrow archway to former nave in
conglomerate with pointed segmental head. West window and bell openings
of 2-light cusped Y-tracery, C13. C14 south porch: roofless, flint with
stone dressings; blocked moulded arch with round shafts; 2 openings of
2 lights, tracery lost, with brick sills and internal surrounds. Continuous
moulded area with hood mould to south doorway. West wall of south aisle
in flint with diagonal buttress incorporating brickwork. Large opening under
segmental head, (tracery removed to new parish church of 1884, qv 6/11).
West nave wall with conglomerate quoins not tied in to aisle wall.
Listing NGR: TG0861934707
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings