This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8418 / 52°50'30"N
Longitude: 1.1786 / 1°10'43"E
OS Eastings: 614171
OS Northings: 331879
OS Grid: TG141318
Mapcode National: GBR VCK.YLC
Mapcode Global: WHLR9.2TJR
Entry Name: Remains of Parish Church of Mannington
Listing Date: 4 October 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049215
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224067
Location: Itteringham, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Itteringham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Itteringham with Mannington
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
In the entry for the following:
TG 13 SW
7/46 Remains of Parish
Church or Mannington
The building shall be upgraded to II* and the 10th and 11th
sentences shall be amended to read: "Arms of de Valence over
south door probably C19. South wall has large blocked rounded
headed window with double splay and voussoirs of iron
conglomerate and glacial erratics. C14 2-light Reticulated
window to right under round headed relieving arch".
TG 13 SW
7/46 Remains of Parish Church of
Ruined parish church Cll. Coursed flint with iron conglomerate and iron
conglomerate dressings and quoins. Roofless. 2 cell, nave and chancel.
Square chancel end of early C18 in coursed flint with brick dressings.
Foundations of former apse and part of curved wall remain to south east. Nave
west wall with conglomerate quoins, and blocked central round headed doorway
with conglomerate dressings. North and south doors with continuous chamfered
and hollow chamfered moulding. Arms of de Valence over south door probably
C19. South wall has large blocked rounded headed window with voussoirs of
iron conglomerate and glacial erratics. C14 2-light Reticulated window to
right under older round headed relieving arch. Lower half of chancel walls
only surviver. Interior: Brick dressings to doorways and C14 window;
rendered brick chancel arch with chamfered mouldings to upper part; brick
blocked 4 centred arch in north wall; plain octagonal font on octagonal stem;
wall chest tomb in north chancel to Sir John Potts and wife Ursula 1673.
Raised coped sarcophagus, extant in 1887, to the Earl of Orford, died 1894.
Church derelict and disused by the 1730s. Blomfield: History of Norfolk 1805.
Listing NGR: TG1417131879
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings