History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sennowe Hall Clock Tower

A Grade II* Listed Building in Stibbard, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7919 / 52°47'30"N

Longitude: 0.9359 / 0°56'9"E

OS Eastings: 598053

OS Northings: 325636

OS Grid: TF980256

Mapcode National: GBR S95.X10

Mapcode Global: WHLRK.B2XZ

Entry Name: Sennowe Hall Clock Tower

Listing Date: 6 March 1984

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1049228

English Heritage Legacy ID: 223992

Location: Stibbard, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR20

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Stibbard

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Great Ryburgh St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Wood Norton

Listing Text

TF 93 NE STIBBARD SENNOWE PARK

5/85
Sennowe Hall Clock
Tower.

G.V. II*

Free standing Italianate Campanile clock tower and water tower, to west
of Sennowe Hall. George Skipper architect 1905-1907. 5 storeys, brick
with stone dressings, copper roof. Rectangular on plan, ground floor plinth
of stone, 3 floors of brick to tower, stone cornice with floor and tempietto
above. Ground floor massive battered and rusticated plinth with quoins,
north and south doors with rusticated surrounds. At first floor level
2 course of rusticated stone. 2 smooth courses forming string course,
brick then smooth corner stones with connecting string course connecting
one window on each face with stone balustrade balconies, architrave with
3 uncut key-stones and segmental pediments on console brackets. One rectangular
stone dressed window to each of 3 floors above. 4th floor behind stone
Doric entablature, frieze and cornice, with windows let in between the
triglyphs with flat modillions and projecting cornice. 8 sided stone belfry
tempietto with drafted stone piers and arches, modillions and octagonal
copper roof brought to a point with ball and weather vane. 4 stone obelisks
with roundel finials at corners on cornice. Designed to group with house
and stable court to south and east.


Listing NGR: TF9805325636

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.