History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sennowe Hall, East and South Terraces, Gates and Gatepiers

A Grade II Listed Building in Stibbard, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7909 / 52°47'27"N

Longitude: 0.9378 / 0°56'15"E

OS Eastings: 598184

OS Northings: 325530

OS Grid: TF981255

Mapcode National: GBR S9C.3WJ

Mapcode Global: WHLRK.C3SQ

Entry Name: Sennowe Hall, East and South Terraces, Gates and Gatepiers

Listing Date: 6 March 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1049229

English Heritage Legacy ID: 223994

Location: Stibbard, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR20

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Stibbard

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Great Ryburgh St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Bintree

Listing Text

TF 92 NE STIBBARD SENNOWE PARK

5/83 Sennowe Hall,
east and south
terraces, gates and
gate piers.

G.V. II

Entrance gates and piers with balustrade to north and east and terraces to
south of Sennowe Hall. 1905-1907 by George Skipper. To north and east of
stable court and house wall of stone with plinth, balusters, copings and urns.
North gate piers, stone with flower swags, console brackets, cornice, urns;
pair of wrought iron carriage gates. East wall with similar piers and gates
on axis with porte-cochere entrance to house. Single pier at south 'east
corner. Balustrade with single central gate continued at south to connect
with house. To south of house terraces on two levels, surrounded by retaining
wall of brick with stone quoins, balusters and copings, and urns. At mid
point of east and west ranges 2 stone temples forming entrance stairs to park
below, rusticated bases, paired Tuscan Doric columns, entablature and cornice,
attic with 4 stone roundels, hemispherical domes with crowning eagles. 2
detached stone urns, fluted and swagged, on lower terrace. Upper terrace
is listed separately.


Listing NGR: TF9818425530

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.