This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8401 / 52°50'24"N
Longitude: 0.9433 / 0°56'35"E
OS Eastings: 598332
OS Northings: 331018
OS Grid: TF983310
Mapcode National: GBR S8L.Z61
Mapcode Global: WHLR5.GWD1
Entry Name: Croxton House and Garden Wall
Listing Date: 30 November 1951
Last Amended: 6 March 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049245
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223929
Location: Fulmodeston, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Fulmodeston
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Fulmodeston Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 93 SE FULMODESTON CROXTON
2/28 Croxton House and
30/11/51 (Formerly Old Rectory
(19 Croxton Hamlet))
House, formerly rectory. c.1700. Flemish bond brick, red strechers and
black headers. Black glazed pantiled roofs. Rusticated brick quoins to
gables and as rusticated framing to central three bays broken forward.
Ground floor 6 and first floor 7 flush wooden framed sash windows with
glazing bars all under rubbed brick flat arches with central keystones.
Central door part glazed with switch tracery fanlight above. Simple wooden
doorcase architrave with leaded wooden pentice canopy supported on carved
wooden console brackets. Ground floor brick plinth with moulded set off
first floor moulded brick plat-band and wooden eaves cornice. 3 flat roofed
dormers with two light wooden casements with leaded panes. Steeply pitched
roof with Dutch gables and end stacks, east gable with fire insurance plaque
1743, At west late Cl9 addition at right angles in red and black brick
with bay window and Dutch gable. At rear Dutch gabled wing, contemporary
with facade, with 2 wooden mullioned cross windows with leaded lights.
Interior: three ground floor rooms with 6-panelled doors, panelled window
reveals and simple plaster cornices. Panelled room at west with pilasters
to overmantle. c.1700. Dog-leg staircase with simple balusters. Chamfered
and stopped beams in front pile and rear wing. Attached to south garden
wall with east buttresses, at right angles parallel with facade two brick
piers with copings, with wall and boarded door and to west wall of flint
with brick headers, brick finishing courses and rounded brick coping.
Listing NGR: TF9833231018
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings