This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8512 / 52°51'4"N
Longitude: 0.8197 / 0°49'10"E
OS Eastings: 589959
OS Northings: 331911
OS Grid: TF899319
Mapcode National: GBR R73.B1C
Mapcode Global: WHKPZ.KLJK
Entry Name: Church of St Mary and All Saints
Listing Date: 6 March 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049380
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223627
Location: Sculthorpe, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Sculthorpe
Built-Up Area: Sculthorpe
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Sculthorpe St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 83 SE SCULTHORPE
6.3.59 Church of St Mary and
All Saints (formerly
listed as Church of All
Parish church. Flint with stone dressings, tiled partly variegated roofs. Nave with
south tower forming porch C14, north aisle C15, chancel 1846-7 by Raphael and Joshua
Arthur Brandon architects, south aisle 1860-1 by Thomas Jekyll of Norwich architect.
South tower serves as porch on axis with second nave bay. Early Decorated arch,
second stage with single lancet belfry stage with Y-tracery window. Diagonally set
buttressses, crenellation parapet with corner finials. No clerestory. South aisles
with 3 pairs of lancets, chancel with lavish Decorated traceried windows and priest's
door set in buttresses, east window. Three-lights. Variegated diaper pattern to
chancel roof not repeated on north side. Nave west bay Perpendicular north aisle
with3-light east and west windows, and 4 straight-headed 2-light north windows.
Interior 4 bay Perpendicular north arcade with octagonal piers and double hollow
chamfered arches. Three bay south arcade and arch dividing westernmost nave bay both
by Jekyll. C19 nave and chancel roofs. Much mid-C19 stained glass including a
2-light William Morris south chancel window, a 3 lancets by Burne-Jones south aisle
east window, 3-light Clayton and Bell c1860 nave west bay south window. C12 square
font in north aisle with corner collonettes, beast mask to corners 3 interlace panels
and a fourth with Holy Family and Adoring Magi under interlace arches.
Listing NGR: TF8995931911
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings