This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7866 / 52°47'11"N
Longitude: 1.5132 / 1°30'47"E
OS Eastings: 636997
OS Northings: 326786
OS Grid: TG369267
Mapcode National: GBR XHF.CCJ
Mapcode Global: WHMSZ.67T2
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 16 April 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049384
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223638
Location: Brumstead, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR12
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Brumstead
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Stalham and East Ruston with Brunstead
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 32 NE BRUMSTEAD THE AVENUE
2/3 Church of St. Peter
Parish church. Early C14 nave, altered late C14, bequests to tower
construction 1390. Chancel demolished and partly rebuilt 1827, re-roofed
1834, restorations 1866-67 (nave) and 1875 (chancel). Pebble flint with
ashlar dressings. Thatched roofs. Western tower and continuous nave and
chancel. 3 stage tower on diagonal buttresses with flushwork panels to base.
Arched and moulded west door below 2-light reticulated window. Set-offs
between storeys. Square traceried ventilation panels to ringing chamber
(except to east). 2-light reticulated belfry windows. Crenellated parapet
and 4 gargoyles. Nave supported on stepped side buttresses. Gabled south
porch on diagonal buttresses. Arched and moulded entrance with semi-circular
responds. Above is cinquefoiled statuary niche under square hood. Rebuilt
brick parapet. 2-light reticulated side windows. 2 3-light cusped
intersecting south nave windows. Similar north windows, but uncusped. Narrow
2-light ogeed window to east of nave windows under square hood. 2 eastern
nave buttresses on south and one on north are of C18 brick. Diagonal eastern
buttresses flank 4-light cusped intersecting east window of 1827. Interior.
Narrow tower arch with polygonal responds on bases and with capitals. North
and south doors have depressed wave moulded hoods on labels. Octagonal C14
font : colonettes between trefoiled stem panels; bowl with encircled
quatrefoils. Boarded roof.
Listing NGR: TG3699726786
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings