This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8803 / 52°52'49"N
Longitude: 1.0274 / 1°1'38"E
OS Eastings: 603810
OS Northings: 335722
OS Grid: TG038357
Mapcode National: GBR T9N.GKQ
Mapcode Global: WHLR0.RVFR
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 6 March 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049393
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223556
Location: Brinton, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR24
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Brinton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Brinton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 03 NW BRINTON
Church of St Andrew
Parish Church. West tower, nave and chancel, north aisle, and transept, south porch.
Flint with stone dressings and slated roof. West tower of stages with diagonally set
buttresses. Perpendicular west window but 4 decorated bell windows, parapet with
three surviving pinnacles. South porch, nave south wall with one 2-light and one
straight headed Perpendicular window with 2 2-light Perpendicular clerestory windows
above; 2 further nave bays omit clerestory for 2 large 3-light straight headed
Perpendicular windows. C17 3-light straight headed chancel east window. North aisle
with blocked door, one 2-light Early English window, one 3-light window. North
transept with diagonally set and right angle corner buttresses and 3-light
Perpendicular window, niche above. Interior with four and a half bay nave with north
aisle and transept off. Perpendicular tower arch on corbels. Three bay Perpendicular
north arcade with double hollow chamfered arches. Four bay nave roof, C15 wall posts,
arched wall plates and arched braces with extra half bay over site of rood screen.
Filled in stair arch to north. C17 painted text opposite south door. C15 half
pitched arched braced roof to north aisle and north transept. C16 poppyhead benches
nave and aisle, one with dated (later?) 1544. Perpendicular font. Deep holy water
stoup by south door. Three-light north aisle window 1892 and chancel south window
1895 by A L Moore, chancel east window c1850.
Listing NGR: TG0381035722
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings