This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9386 / 52°56'18"N
Longitude: 1.2423 / 1°14'32"E
OS Eastings: 617972
OS Northings: 342829
OS Grid: TG179428
Mapcode National: GBR VBH.NXG
Mapcode Global: WHMS2.1DVK
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 4 October 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049535
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223281
Location: Runton, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR27
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Runton
Built-Up Area: West Runton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Runton
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
RUNTON CROMER ROAD
TG 14 SE
2/40 Church of the Holy Trinity
Parish church. Medieval. Flint with stone dressings. Slate, tile and lead
roofs. West tower, nave, north and south aisles, north vestry, south porch,
chancel. C13 embattled tower of 4 stages with angle buttresses. C14 Decorated
2-light west window with mouchettes. Lancet to south and to ringing chamber.
2-light bell-openings, the central shaft with capital; Y-tracery; continuous
drip mould. Stair turret to north east corner with slit lights. West window
of south aisle has Y-tracery; north aisle as west tower window. 4 bay nave.
South aisle with 3 triangular headed windows of 2 cusped ogee headed lights;
hood moulds with figure stops which are perhaps re-used. Between these windows
are 2 smaller 2-light square headed windows. All windows restored, the aisle
of knapped flint possibly refaced. East window of 3 lights with intersecting
tracery. Hood mould. North aisle has C19 vestry to first bay then 3 Y-tracery
windows with hood moulds. Buttressed chancel. To south 2 3-light
Perpendicular windows with panel tracery, one window having an embattled demi-
transom. Priests door with continuous chamfered order and hood mould. One
2-light triangular headed window with ogee headed lights. To north chancel
3 2-light Decorated windows, restored in C19. C19 Decorated east window of
5 lights. South porch to first aisle bay with diagonal buttresses. Ogee-headed
light to east. Archway with polygonal shafts; 2 chamfered orders to arch.
C19 nave doorway with figure stops. Interior. Springing for vault in tower.
Nave arcades with octagonal piers and double-chamfered arches, restored. Tower
and chancel arches similarly restored. Double piscina with cusped. ogee arches,
shaft restored. Sedilia with shafts. Some re-used poppy-head bench ends.
Roofs of restorations of 1854 and 1886. Octagonal font, the bowl supported
on shafts with cusped ogee panels between.
Listing NGR: TG1797242829