History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

4, 5 and 6, Thornage Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Letheringsett with Glandford, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9055 / 52°54'19"N

Longitude: 1.0663 / 1°3'58"E

OS Eastings: 606307

OS Northings: 338637

OS Grid: TG063386

Mapcode National: GBR T9B.SHT

Mapcode Global: WHLR1.C70C

Entry Name: 4, 5 and 6, Thornage Road

Listing Date: 30 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1049839

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224641

Location: Letheringsett with Glandford, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR25

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Letheringsett with Glandford

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Letheringsett St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Holt

Listing Text

TG 03 NE LETHERINGSETT WITH LETHERINGSETT,
GLANDFORD THORNAGE ROAD

6/104 4, 5 and 6

GV II


Group of estate cottages dated 1871, flint with brick dressings, black
glazed pantiles. 4 bays plus set back bay either end with door. Gable
parapets, axial stacks between bays 2 and 3, 3 and 4, in brick with
oversailing cap and a thin cross in flint flushwork to each face. Platband
of alternate flints and gault brick between red brick courses; cornice of
moulded and dogtooth gault brick; vertical brick columns between bays 2
and 3 and 4 and 5. Hood moulds and chamfered surrounds in red brick to
doors and windows. Casement windows with cast iron glazing bars having
gothic heads, of 3 lights to bays 1 and 4 of ground floor of 2 lights to
bays 2 and 3 of ground floor and to first floor. Central doorway with gabled
flint porch having slate roof, 4-centred chamfered brick arch with hood
muld, flushwork gable with stone dated 1871. Above porch in terracotta
the Cozens-Hardy double crest (armed fist grasping an eagle and a lion
rampant fretty, motto "Fear One") with square surround in chamfered brick,
hood mould. Central door and doors to end bays boarded. Gable ends of
flint and brick mosaic.


Listing NGR: TG0630738637

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.