This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8533 / 52°51'12"N
Longitude: 1.2554 / 1°15'19"E
OS Eastings: 619284
OS Northings: 333392
OS Grid: TG192333
Mapcode National: GBR VCP.075
Mapcode Global: WHMSG.8J2X
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 4 October 1960
Last Amended: 24 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049886
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224451
Location: Alby with Thwaite, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Alby with Thwaite
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Thwaite
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 13 SE ALBY WITH THWAITE CHURCH ROAD,THWAITE
5/3 Church of All Saints
Parish church. Medieval. Flint and iron-bound conglomerate; stone and
brick dressings. Slate roof. West tower, nave south aisle, continuous
chancel, south porch, schoolroom. Round tower of c1300 with wide flint
base; blocked brick doorway to south; Y-tracery bell openings. Nave quoins
in conglomerate to north-west and south-west. South aisle has diagonal
buttresses with flushwork and sunk panels. There are two references in
wills of 1440's to the building of this aisle. One C19 2-light Decorated
window and one late medieval triangular headed 2-light window both with
alternate brick and flint voussoirs. Two 2-light C19 north windows to
nave one under square head. Unbuttressed chancel without window to south.
To north a schoolroom added in 1835. East window C19 2-light Decorated.
South porch restored in 1893. Doorway to nave under 4-centred arch, hood
mould. Interior. South arcade with octagonal piers. Piscina to south
chapel. Nave roof of 1896. Doorway into tower. Lower part of C15 rood
screen, now varnished. Pulpit with tester of 1624. Benches with flattened
stylised poppy heads one with coat of arms on the shoulder, incorporated
into box pew, one door with butterfly hinges. Brass to John Puttok died
1442 and wife died 1469. Plain octagonal font.
Listing NGR: TG1928433392
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings