This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7244 / 52°43'27"N
Longitude: 1.4707 / 1°28'14"E
OS Eastings: 634467
OS Northings: 319735
OS Grid: TG344197
Mapcode National: GBR XJ5.0NS
Mapcode Global: WHMT4.KSK8
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 16 April 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1049915
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224414
Location: Neatishead, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR12
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Neatishead
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Neatishead St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 31 NW
7/83 Church of St Peter
Parish church. Mid C14. Nave demolished 1790 and chancel consolidated and
restored. All windows 1870. Flint with ashlar dressings and some brick.
Pantile roof. West wall below bell turret 1790 reusing double hollow chamfered
west doorway. Above is C15 tabernacle frieze of 7 panels. Central 3 panels
ogeed and cusped. These contain high relief figures. Remainder display
shields within cusping. Above is frieze of triangular and circular flushwork.
Above again a plaque recording events of 1790 below a C15 nodding and cusped
ogee. Diagonal buttresses to sides. Bell turret is louvred below leaded broach
spire. Stepped side buttresses to north and south flanks and 3 Perpendicular
2-light windows. Buttresses with flushwork panels. Wave moulded priests'
door on south. Brick saw-toothed eaves cornice. Diagonal east buttresses.
Transomed 3-light Perpendicular east window. From south-east corner a covered
walk leads to Sunday school building, all of 1870. INTERIOR. King-post roof
with collars on straight braces. One C15 poppyhead bench end. Polygonal
C16 linenfold pulpit with moulded base and top rail. Stands on later box
plinth. Excellent C14 octagonal traceried font, the stem with one 2-light
reticulated window motif, ogeed. Bowl with two 2-light motifs each panel,
alternating between reticulated as stem and early Perpendicular lozenge
tracery. Cusped and ogeed piscina in chancel with encircled quatrefoils in
spandrels, each containing a blank shield.
Listing NGR: TG3446719735
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings