This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5668 / 52°34'0"N
Longitude: 1.3208 / 1°19'14"E
OS Eastings: 625156
OS Northings: 301738
OS Grid: TG251017
Mapcode National: GBR WJK.4RC
Mapcode Global: WHMTV.8R61
Entry Name: Blackford Hall Chapel
Listing Date: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050431
English Heritage Legacy ID: 227201
Location: Stoke Holy Cross, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR14
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Stoke Holy Cross
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Stoke Holy Cross Holy Cross
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
STOKE HOLY CROSS BRICKLE ROAD
TG 20 SE
5/63 Blackford Hall Chapel
Chapel of c.1300, converted to house C16, rebuilt 1703. Brick with plain tile
roof. 2 storey south side in 3 uneven bays on flint and brick plinth. Door
left of centre behind C20 porch in which is set a re-used round Norman roll
moulded arch. Fenestration of C20 casements. Gabled C20 conservatory to left
of porch. North side with 2 blocked lancets towards east. C16 timber door
opposing south porch suggesting through passage plan in C16. Windows are C20.
Gabled roof with ridge stack set to east. East gable retains chapel east
window'of c.1300 : 3-light arched intersecting window. Tie iron dated 1703
on north side.
Listing NGR: TG2515601738
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings