This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5847 / 52°35'4"N
Longitude: 1.4103 / 1°24'37"E
OS Eastings: 631123
OS Northings: 304001
OS Grid: TG311040
Mapcode National: GBR WJ9.WYB
Mapcode Global: WHMTW.M9SC
Entry Name: Chantry House
Listing Date: 30 October 1986
Last Amended: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050467
English Heritage Legacy ID: 227190
Location: Rockland St. Mary, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR14
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Rockland St. Mary
Civil Parish/community: Rockland St Mary
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Rockland St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
ROCKLAND ST. MARY CHURCH LANE
TG 30 SW
Chantry House (formerly
30/10/86 listed as Rockland
House. Dated 1756. Brick with roof of black glazed pantiles. 2½ storeys
in 3 bays. Central late C20 door under segmental arch. 2 3-light C18 cross
casements to ground and first floors each with leaded glass. Blocked central
first floor window above stone panel inscribed : God Preserve the Industrious
E.S.S. 1756. Windows under segmental arches except 2 2-light attic casements.
Dentil and saw-tooth eaves-cornice below hipped roof. Central ridge stack.
2 storey brick lean-to outshut to rear. Central door within fluted timber
case and frieze. Flat hood over. 2 3-light C18 casements each floor with
leaded glass, those to ground floor under segmental arches. Dentil eaves
Listing NGR: TG3112304001
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings