History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Keswick and Intwood, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5951 / 52°35'42"N

Longitude: 1.2671 / 1°16'1"E

OS Eastings: 621376

OS Northings: 304713

OS Grid: TG213047

Mapcode National: GBR VGS.960

Mapcode Global: WHMTT.F1MC

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 26 November 1959

Last Amended: 26 October 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1050544

English Heritage Legacy ID: 226951

Location: Keswick and Intwood, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR4

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk

Civil Parish: Keswick and Intwood

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Intwood All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Earlham

Listing Text

TG 20 SW KESWICK KESWICK

6/67 Church of All Saints
26.11.59 (formerly listed as
Church of St Mary)

II

Parish church, C12 and 1893 by Herbert Green. Broken pebble flint and some
erratics, red brick dressings, plain tiles. Round west tower, small nave
and apsidal chancel. C12 round tower with added octagonal bell stage with
stone dressings and plain parapet. Plain 2-light bell openings renewed
in brick with stone hood moulds; renewed cusped 2-light west window in C14
style. Nave and chancel of 1893: small nave c.4.2m long; south nave with
one Y tracery opening to left in brick with stone hoodmould, plain pointed
doorway to right; similar window to north with added vestry rendered and
scored with brick dressings, plain brick pointed doorway. Apsidal chancel
with high parapet with stone dressings, 2 small stone dressed lancets.
Interior: undressed tower arch of broken flint. The earlier church was
pulled down 1597 when the parish was united with Intwood; the tower and
west nave wall remained to be incorporated into the church of 1893.


Listing NGR: TG2137604713

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.