This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5715 / 52°34'17"N
Longitude: 1.2414 / 1°14'29"E
OS Eastings: 619752
OS Northings: 302006
OS Grid: TG197020
Mapcode National: GBR VGY.NPW
Mapcode Global: WHMTT.1MFJ
Entry Name: The Old Forge
Listing Date: 2 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050701
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226604
Location: Mulbarton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR14
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Mulbarton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Mulbarton St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 10 SE MULBARTON NORWICH ROAD
2/27 The Old Forge
Former smithy possibly to Bracon Hall estate, now empty. Circa 1830.
Brick with some stone dressings and black pantiled roofs. Symmetrical
plan with a pair of low gabled forewings flanking a courtyard now enclosed
with makeshift structure. 2 blind windows to forewing gable-ends beneath
skewback arches with cambered soffits. Pedimental gables to forewings
and main wing with stone kneelers and copings. Oculus in main pediment.
Large axial stack to main wing. Similar in style to Bracon Hall, Bracon
Ash. (2/10 and 11).
Listing NGR: TG1975202006
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings