History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Quaker Farmhouse

A Grade II* Listed Building in Wramplingham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6152 / 52°36'54"N

Longitude: 1.1228 / 1°7'21"E

OS Eastings: 611503

OS Northings: 306512

OS Grid: TG115065

Mapcode National: GBR TF2.2P0

Mapcode Global: WHLSF.6JXH

Entry Name: Quaker Farmhouse

Listing Date: 29 November 1959

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1050729

English Heritage Legacy ID: 226570

Location: Wramplingham, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR18

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk

Civil Parish: Wramplingham

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Wramplingham St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Colton

Listing Text

TG 10 NW WRAMPLINGHAM WYMONDHAM ROAD
(south-side)

4/96 Quaker Farmhouse

29.11.59 II*

Farmhouse. 1643 in vitrified headers on north gable-end. Rendered and underbuilt
timber frame with wall posts and wall plates apparent. Returned brick gable-ends and
modern plaintiled roof. 2 storeys with attic and a 3-bay frame. Ovolo and ogee
moulded central doorframe with large stops. Original fenestration with 4 5-light
ovolo-moulded mullion and transom frames with metal casements. 2 gabled dormers with
one original 3-light window. Narrow protective plaintiled lean-to roof at first floor
level along full length of facade. Small windows with rectangular hood-moulds on
gable-ends - mainly blocked. Crow-stepped gables and gable-end stacks with paired
octagonal shafts. Original 2-newel stair opposite entrance. Ovolo-moulded beams
with barred and ogee stops. Original doors consisting of 3 rebated planks clasping
2 very narrow fielded planks. Unusual clasped purlin roof without reduced principals;
cambered collars, straight wind braces and a ridge beam. House believed to have
served as a Quaker meeting house in the late C17.


Listing NGR: TG1150306512

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.