This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6409 / 52°38'27"N
Longitude: 1.1089 / 1°6'32"E
OS Eastings: 610444
OS Northings: 309327
OS Grid: TG104093
Mapcode National: GBR TDN.K5N
Mapcode Global: WHLS7.0WBB
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 15 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050751
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226519
Location: Marlingford and Colton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR9
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Marlingford and Colton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Colton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 10 NW MARLINGFORD CHURCH LANE
Church of St. Andrew
Parish church. C14 and later. Flint with ashlar dressings and slate roofs.
West tower, aisleless nave with north porch and chancel. Unbuttressed 3-
stage tower with Y-traceried bell-openings and a crenellated parapet with
flushwork. 6 2-light traceried nave windows in Decorated style, heavily
restored. Chancel windows Victorian. Restored late medieval chancel screen
and some fine C15 carved pew-ends. Medieval wall-painting on west wall
depicting 2 seated women gossiping flanked by devils. Nave roof probably
C17 consisting of alternating arch-braced ties and arch-braced principal
rafters and carved semicircular vegetal motifs on wall plate. Victorian
chancel roof and west gallery.
Listing NGR: TG1044409327
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings