This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6251 / 52°37'30"N
Longitude: 1.2179 / 1°13'4"E
OS Eastings: 617890
OS Northings: 307898
OS Grid: TG178078
Mapcode National: GBR VGB.GQ1
Mapcode Global: WHLSG.P84W
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 2 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050755
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226421
Location: Colney, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR4
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Colney
Built-Up Area: Colney
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Colney St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
COLNEY WATTON ROAD
TG 10 NE
The Old Rectory.
1715 on datestone with initials T.C. Brick with pantiled roof. 2 storeys
with attic. 3 bays with one storey off-centre porch with a shaped gable.
Skewback arches with rubbed brick voussoirs on ground floor, sash windows
with thin glazing bars and a 3 course plat-band. 3 gabled dormer windows
with shaped barge boards and casements. Curvilinear main gables. Front door
c.1800 with raised and fielded panels and fanlight with glazing bars. Ornate
timber weatherboarded extension to rear dated 1891 with initials B and P
(Boulton and Paul) on hopper. Canted in plan with French doors and casement
windows with subdivided upper sections. Eaves oversailing supported by 2 arched
braces. Turned ridge finial.
Listing NGR: TG1789007898
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings