This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6608 / 52°39'38"N
Longitude: 1.1643 / 1°9'51"E
OS Eastings: 614094
OS Northings: 311710
OS Grid: TG140117
Mapcode National: GBR VFW.16F
Mapcode Global: WHLS7.VDM0
Entry Name: West Lodge
Listing Date: 14 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050771
English Heritage Legacy ID: 226460
Location: Easton, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR9
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Easton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Easton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
EASTON LODGE ROAD
TG 11 SW
Former farmhouse of c.1600 with later additions. 1743 on facade hoppers.
Brick with pantiled and slate roofs. L-plan Lobby Entrance house with
central axial stack in main wing. Gable end stack on subsidiary wing.
Main facade 1743 and early C19. 2-storeys with attics and cellar beneath
northern half. 1743 5-bay arrangement turned into 3 bays with the C19
insertion of large arched tripartite sash windows. 2 leaf front door with
rusticated skewback arch and flat hood on carved consoles. One surviving
central 1743 window opening with raised brick surround. 2 dormer windows
with moulded pediments and casements with leaded lights. Varied C19 and C20
fenestration on other elevations with C17 moulded brick pediments surviving.
Single storey C19 extension with saw tooth cornice heightened later in the
century. Original fireplace in subsidiary wing with chamfered stone jambs
and wooden lintel. Principal beams with elaborate barred and double
jewelled stops. One surviving beam on first floor of main wing with ogee
stops. Original roofs with butt-purlins, collars and ties. Original
cellar entrance at rear of main wing. Late C17 two ramp staircase with
tapered and carved balusters; contemporary panelled cellar door. Main wing
refurbished in 1743 with barrel-vaulted tunnel through stack, fireplaces
Listing NGR: TG1409411710
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings