This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7695 / 52°46'10"N
Longitude: 1.2532 / 1°15'11"E
OS Eastings: 619552
OS Northings: 324066
OS Grid: TG195240
Mapcode National: GBR VDM.CMK
Mapcode Global: WHMSV.6NZ5
Entry Name: Village Hall
Listing Date: 18 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050919
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228026
Location: Marsham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10
Civil Parish: Marsham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Marsham All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 12 SE MARSHAM HIGH STREET
5/66 Village Hall.
Improvement Institute, now village hall, built 1857 of red brick and black
pantiles. Single storey 'L'-shaped plan. Facade 3 windows with central porch.
Brick rusticated to corners and corbelled brick eaves. 3 light casement
windows with flat gauged brick arches with projecting key blocks. Rusticated
brick quoins on porch with semi-circular gauged brick arch over entrance with
blocked occulus above. Over the entrance an inscribed stone panel. End gable
stacks. C19 and C20 extensions at rear not of special interest. Inscription
over the entrance door "Mutual Improvement Institution". To the left of the
door tablets inscribed "J. H. Warnes, May 10th 1859" and "This Institute was
established by George Shreeve, November 2nd 1857". Bricks on porch variously
inscribed, including "Miss L. Warnes".
Listing NGR: TG1955224066
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings