This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7963 / 52°47'46"N
Longitude: 1.3012 / 1°18'4"E
OS Eastings: 622655
OS Northings: 327187
OS Grid: TG226271
Mapcode National: GBR VD9.RRL
Mapcode Global: WHMSN.YZS6
Entry Name: Church of St Peter and Paul
Listing Date: 10 May 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050931
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228058
Location: Burgh and Tuttington, Broadland, Norfolk, NR11
Civil Parish: Burgh and Tuttington
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Banningham, Colby, Felmingham, Skeyton, Suffield and Tuttington
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 22 NW TUTTINGTON THE STREET, TUTTINGTON
3/99 Church of SS Peter
10/5/61 and Paul.
Parish Church. C12 round tower, remainder of fabric mainly C15. Flint with
limestone dressings; pantiled nave roof, plain-tiled chancel and porch. West
tower, nave, chancel, south porch. C12 west tower with later brick parapet.
Lead covered spirelet with weather cock. Bell openings with 'Y' tracery on
north and south sides; east and west openings blocked. South porch with ogee
headed foiled niche over doorway. Porch originally two storeyed, but upper
floor now removed. Blocked upper and lower windows in east and west walls.
Door to upper chamber survives in south wall of nave. Three south aisle
windows much renewed Perpendicular tracery. North aisle windows Perpendicular,
the centre window with earlier Decorated motifs. Staged buttresses with flint
panels divide bays. Nave eaves parapet. Interior: stairs to former porch
upper room at south-west corner of nave. Rood loft stairs at north east corner
of nave. Blocked north door. Pulpit dated 1635 and fitted with hour-glass
stand. C15 octagonal font with shields in cusped panels. Font cover of
scrolls radiating from central post, dated 1638, Very fine C15 carved bench-
ends fitted to later benches. Carved corbel-head, possibly for rood beam,
at south-east corner of nave. Plain drop-cill sedilia and piscina with foiled
head in south wall of chancel. C19 roofs and boarded ceilings over nave and
Listing NGR: TG2265527187
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings