This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5793 / 52°34'45"N
Longitude: 0.9826 / 0°58'57"E
OS Eastings: 602180
OS Northings: 302125
OS Grid: TG021021
Mapcode National: GBR SCY.971
Mapcode Global: WHLSK.2F5G
Entry Name: Church of St. Andrew
Listing Date: 26 November 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051162
English Heritage Legacy ID: 227249
Location: Hingham, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR9
District: South Norfolk
Civil Parish: Hingham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Hingham St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
HINGHAM ATTLEBOROUGH ROAD
TG 0202 -0302 (east side)
26.11.59. Church of St. Andrew.
Parish Church. Built 1319-59. A fine large Decorated church. Flint with
stone dressings and slate roofs. Comprising:- nave with clerestorey, north
and south aisles, chancel, two-storey north east vestry, south porch and west
tower. The large west tower in five storeys has set-back buttresses, embattled
parapet, corner turret, patterned frieze at base and over west doorway, and
Decorated windows and 11-openings. Ballflower friezes below eaves of aisles
and nave. Long chancel with much altered east window containing German glass
of circa 1500. Decorated chancel and aisle windows. Perpendicular clerestorey
windows. Interior: tall arcades of six bays, hammerbeam roof. Thomas Lord
Morley tomb is an extremely fine C15 wall monument.
Listing NGR: TG0218002125
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings