This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6332 / 52°37'59"N
Longitude: 1.2966 / 1°17'47"E
OS Eastings: 623179
OS Northings: 309044
OS Grid: TG231090
Mapcode National: GBR W9H.2T
Mapcode Global: WHMTM.W2MM
Entry Name: Church of St Clement
Listing Date: 26 February 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051282
English Heritage Legacy ID: 229000
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, NR3
Electoral Ward/Division: Mancroft
Built-Up Area: Norwich
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Norwich St George, Colegate
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 28/09/2016
TG 2309 SW
COLEGATE (south side),
Church of St Clement
(Formerly listed as Church of St George)
Former parish church, now redundant and used as a private chapel. C15 and C16.
Flint with stone and brick dressings. Slate roofs. West tower. Nave and chancel.
C19 vestry north of chancel. Slender 3-stage tower c.1450 with diagonal buttresses
and stair turret on north-east corner. 3-light perpendicular west window. Square
traceried sound-holes and 2-light belfry windows with 4-centre arches. Clock face
on east. Crenellated parapet with flushwork and shields. 3-bay nave rebuilt
c.1550 with 3-light perpendicular windows. The cill of the west windows is raised
to accommodate the north and south doors. 2-bay chancel with 3-light perpendicular
windows with 4-centre arches. East window with reticulated tracery. Arch-braced
roof with the lower brace springing from nail-posts. Wall braces springing from
the wall posts and framing the recessed window panels.
Listing NGR: TG2317909044
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings