This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5809 / 52°34'51"N
Longitude: 1.5341 / 1°32'2"E
OS Eastings: 639530
OS Northings: 303992
OS Grid: TG395039
Mapcode National: GBR XKZ.4PT
Mapcode Global: WHMTY.JDR7
Entry Name: Church of St Botolph
Listing Date: 25 September 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051451
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228602
Location: Cantley, Broadland, Norfolk, NR13
Civil Parish: Cantley, Limpenhoe and Southwo
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Limpenhoe St Botolph
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 30 SE
6/26 Church of St. Botolph.
Parish Church of Limpenhoe. Medieval core, rebuilt in 1881 by A.S. Hewitt.
Flint with stone dressings and plaintile roof. West tower, north porch, nave,
north vestry and chancel. 2 stage tower containing C15 brick. Tower C15 to
nave roof level, C19 above. Diagonal buttresses. Flushwork base course and
polygonal north staircase tower. C19 3-light west window and 2-light belfry
windows. Battlemented parapet. Gabled timber frame C19 porch, with Perpendicular
tracery, flint and stone base. Three bay nave with set back buttresses. Re-
set C14 and C15 windows to north and south. Blocked Norman south doorway with
attached shafts, decorated cushion capitals and double reveal arch with chevron
and scallop patterns. 3 bay chancel with priest's door and 2-light window to
north, 2-light windows to south and 4-light window to east, all in Decorated
style. Angle buttresses, and parapet gables with cross finials. Interior mainly
C19. Restored tower arch, with C15 attached shafts and C19 capitals and arch.
C13 octagonal font of purbeck marble with blind arcade of pointed arches, the
bowl standing on base with central column, and eight colonnettes.
Listing NGR: TG3953003992
Other nearby listed buildings