This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5939 / 52°35'38"N
Longitude: 1.5549 / 1°33'17"E
OS Eastings: 640867
OS Northings: 305507
OS Grid: TG408055
Mapcode National: GBR XKT.9YG
Mapcode Global: WHMTY.V2M7
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 25 September 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051456
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228619
Location: Freethorpe, Broadland, Norfolk, NR13
Civil Parish: Freethorpe
Built-Up Area: Freethorpe
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Freethorpe
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
FREETHORPE THE GREEN (west)
TG 40 NW
4/42 Church of All Saints.
Parish church, medieval and later, restored 1850 for Henry Vade. Built of
flint with stone dressings with plain tile and lead roofs. West tower, south
porch, north aisle, south aisle, nave, north chancel chapel and chancel. Round
tower, probably Norman, partially of coursed flint. Single light west window,
single light belfry openings, west and south, conical roof. 2 bay north aisle
with off set buttresses. 3 bay south aisle. Mainly C19 south porch. C13 south
doorway with moulded base and roll mouldings. Gabled north chancel chapel,
c.1850. Single light window in north gable wall. Chimney on north east corner.
Single bay chancel. Single light window to south with hood mould and sculpted
label stops. 2-light plate traceried east window. All windows C19. Parapet
gables. Interior mainly C19. Perpendicular tower arch. 2 bay C19 north and
south arcades. Octagonal font bowl on moulded base.
Listing NGR: TG4086705507
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings