This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6655 / 52°39'55"N
Longitude: 1.4973 / 1°29'50"E
OS Eastings: 636582
OS Northings: 313270
OS Grid: TG365132
Mapcode National: GBR XJS.TMY
Mapcode Global: WHMTJ.Z85F
Entry Name: Church of St Lawrence
Listing Date: 25 September 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051496
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228507
Location: South Walsham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR13
Civil Parish: South Walsham
Built-Up Area: South Walsham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: South Walsham, Upton and Fishley
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 31 SE SOUTH WALSHAM THE STREET
5/59 Church of St. Lawrence
Former parish church, now redundant. Medieval church largely destroyed by
fire in 1827, chancel rebuilt in 1832 and used for worship until c.1890.
Flint with limestone and brick dressings, slate roof. Windows generally three-
light with Perpendicular tracery; windows on north and south sides separated
by staged buttresses with flushwork panels. Priest's door with four centred
arched head under centre window on south side. West end largely rebuilt C19
with doorway on south side; above the doorway, a flushwork panel with shield
re-set upside-down. Diagonal corner buttresses. Centre window on north side
blocked in brick. Small three-light east window flanked by two vertical strips
of brickwork, indicating a larger earlier window; projection of east wall
at low level protected by slate roof. West wall has 3-light Perpendicular
window re-set. Early C19 king-post roof.
Listing NGR: TG3658213270
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings