This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6011 / 52°36'4"N
Longitude: 1.4795 / 1°28'46"E
OS Eastings: 635722
OS Northings: 306057
OS Grid: TG357060
Mapcode National: GBR XKJ.WC2
Mapcode Global: WHMTQ.PWQ8
Entry Name: Boundary Wall South of the Old Rectory
Listing Date: 19 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051498
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228515
Location: Strumpshaw, Broadland, Norfolk, NR13
Civil Parish: Strumpshaw
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Strumpshaw and Hassingham with Buckenham
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 30 NE STRUMPSHAW BUCKENHAM
8/67 Boundary Wall south
of The Old Rectory.
Boundary wall. C17 and C19. Red brick boundary wall in C17 brick laid in
Flemish bond with half round coping. Central semi-circular C19 brick wayside
pulpit built by the Rev. William Haslam (rector 1863-71). Haslam was a notable
Evangelical preacher who built the pulpit in order to address the large crowds
which assembled in the meadow opposite to hear him, the parish church being
inadequate to contain the large numbers attracted to his services. Included
for group value . and for historical interest of the way-
side pulpit which is a rare survival.
Listing NGR: TG3572206057
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings