This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7944 / 52°47'39"N
Longitude: 1.2522 / 1°15'7"E
OS Eastings: 619362
OS Northings: 326831
OS Grid: TG193268
Mapcode National: GBR VD7.Z95
Mapcode Global: WHMSV.61J1
Entry Name: Old Bank House
Listing Date: 10 May 1965
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051551
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228332
Location: Aylsham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR11
Civil Parish: Aylsham
Built-Up Area: Aylsham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Aylsham St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TC 1826/7 AYLSHAM NORWICH ROAD
3/104 (EAST SIDE)
No 3 (Old Bank House)
Early C18, with later remodelling. Red brick, pantile roof. .Two storeys and attic.
Sash windows with flat rubbed arches and key blocks. Earlier house had shaped gables
to east and west, moulded brick string courses and corner pilasters with moulded caps.
Later parapetted facade added to south with moulded string course at parapet base.
2-1-2 facade, centre bay slightly recessed. Central door with rusticated brick
surround. Gable chimney stacks and one stack off-centre. corner pilasters with
moulded caps. Leaded first floor casement on west side. North elevation has two
pedimented dormers with leaded lights. Mullion transom casements with leaded lights.
Later bay window with sashes.
Interior: two ground floor and two first floor rooms with C18 panelling. Two storey
height entrance hall with original front wall supported on columns. Staircase with two
tumed balusters per tread may date from refronting. First floor fireplace with
Listing NGR: TG1935626844
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings