History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse, Attached Dovecote and Outbuildings

A Grade II Listed Building in Middleton, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.502 / 52°30'7"N

Longitude: -0.7609 / 0°45'39"W

OS Eastings: 484206

OS Northings: 290070

OS Grid: SP842900

Mapcode National: GBR CTP.0GX

Mapcode Global: VHDQW.RCLS

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse, Attached Dovecote and Outbuildings

Listing Date: 25 October 1951

Last Amended: 6 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1051737

English Heritage Legacy ID: 229892

Location: Middleton, Corby, Northamptonshire, LE16

County: Northamptonshire

District: Corby

Civil Parish: Middleton

Built-Up Area: Cottingham

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Cottingham St Mary Magdalene

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Great Easton

Listing Text

SP8490
13/110
25/10/51


MIDDLETON
MAIN STREET
(South side)
No.58 (Manor Farmhouse), attached dovecote and
outbuildings


(Formerly listed as Manor Farmhouse)


GV II


Farmhouse. Probably early C18 origins with datestone 1785. Squared coursed
ironstone with limestone ashlar front and Collyweston slate roof. Double-depth
plan. 2 storeys with attic. Main front of 3-window range. Central 6-panel door
with arch-head fanlight and rusticated ashlar surround. Sash windows with
glazing bars. Rusticated ashlar surrounds with keyblocks. First floor centre
window has arch head. Moulded stone cornice. 3 roof dormers with alternate
rectangular and segmental pediments. Ashlar gable parapets and ashlar stacks at
ends. Left gable has datestone and sash windows with glazing bars. Dovecote
attached to right of main front has blocked carriage arch with brick dressings
to head. Brick gable parapets to right and wooden glover to ridge. Late C18
range of outbuildings attached at right angles to right of dovecote by C18
one-unit building. Elevation of outbuildings to right has 6-bay range of first
floor openings. Various ground floor openings, 4 to far left, have wood lintels.
Probably originally used as stables with haylofts over. Slate roof with ashlar
gable parapets. Partially legible inscribed tablet to far left. Interior not
inspected but house noted as having a late C18 staircase with turned balusters.

Listing NGR: SP8420690070

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.