This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6309 / 52°37'51"N
Longitude: 1.2965 / 1°17'47"E
OS Eastings: 623184
OS Northings: 308790
OS Grid: TG231087
Mapcode National: GBR W9G.DC
Mapcode Global: WHMTM.W4KC
Entry Name: 2 AND 4, ELM HILL (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 26 February 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051909
English Heritage Legacy ID: 229414
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, NR3
District Council Ward: Thorpe Hamlet
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Norwich St George, Tombland
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 2308 NW PRINCES STREET
26,2.54. Nos. 4 and 6
Corner property including Nos. 2 and 4 Elm Hill (q.v.). Houses, now shop and
houses. C17 with later alterations. Part-rendered plinth; painted brick on
ground floor; first floor rusticated; rendered and rusticated gables. Pan-
tile roof. 3 storeys and cellar, with first-floor jetty. Irregular fenestra-
tion; 3 gables to each facade. C19 corner shop - front with angled half-
glazed double doors flanked by windows with narrow moulded mullions. Ground
floor sash windows have large panes and one has lattice iron railings on sill.
2 simple doorcases to right and lect have panelled reveals. Door of No. 6 has
6 raised and fielded panels below fanlight with intersecting glazing bars.
C20 door to No. 4. First-floor sash windows have glazing bars, the central
one also with a flimsy iron balcony. Paired modillion cornice beneath gables,
each with plaster bargeboards and one glazing bar sash window. Similar treat-
ment to Elm Hill facade with a pair of part-glazed doors in simple reeded
doorcases and with a moulded jetty beam. No. 4 Princes Street has 2 cast
iron plaques: H/S.P/1814 and H/S.P/1834.
Listing NGR: TG2318408790
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings