History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2, 4, 6 and 8, Church Green

A Grade II Listed Building in Bramford, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.075 / 52°4'29"N

Longitude: 1.1021 / 1°6'7"E

OS Eastings: 612682

OS Northings: 246385

OS Grid: TM126463

Mapcode National: GBR TMF.X0L

Mapcode Global: VHLBS.13ZN

Entry Name: 2, 4, 6 and 8, Church Green

Listing Date: 9 December 1955

Last Amended: 24 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1051965

English Heritage Legacy ID: 361668

Location: Bramford, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP8

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Bramford

Built-Up Area: Bramford

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Bramford St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Claydon

Listing Text

TM 1246
9/71

BRAMFORD
CHURCH GREEN
Nos. 2, 4, 6 and 8

(Formerly listed as House on south side of Ship Lane, opposite Bramford House)

9.12.55

II
3 dwellings, formerly The Swan Inn. Early C16; a 2-bay extension was added in C17 to rear left. 2 storeys, 3-cell plan. Timber-framed, the framing is exposed with plastered infill panels. The upper floor is jettied along the front wall. Plaintiled roof with axial chimney of red brick. Mainly small pane casements of C19 and C20, with leaded glazing. A central C19 canted bay window with plaintiled roof has panels of original herringbone pargetting. A reset C16 or C17 plank entrance door with moulded battens cuts into an original moulded mullioned window. The exposed framing is of high quality. At the jetty the bressumer is moulded, and the supporting brackets are rosette carved and spring from pilasters. Arch-braced close studwork. A former parlour window to left had moulded jambs and mullions; its flanking pair of 5-light side windows remain, blocked. 3 of the original upper floor windows were of oriel form.

Listing NGR: TM1268246385

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.