This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4525 / 52°27'9"N
Longitude: 1.6864 / 1°41'11"E
OS Eastings: 650575
OS Northings: 290232
OS Grid: TM505902
Mapcode National: GBR YTT.75M
Mapcode Global: VHM6M.5MX8
Entry Name: K1 Telephone Kiosk at East Anglian Transport Museum
Listing Date: 9 December 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1051978
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361699
Location: Carlton Colville, Waveney, Suffolk, NR33
Civil Parish: Carlton Colville
Built-Up Area: Lowestoft
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Carlton Colville St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
CARLTON COLVILLE CHAPEL ROAD
TM 59 SW
1/44 K1 Telephone kiosk at
East Anglian Transport Museum
K1 telephone kiosk 1921. Prefabricated un-reinforced concrete. Sides have 8 - pane
windows in metal frame and the front has a glazed wooden door also with 8 panes.
Moulded cornice and pyramidal concrete roof with finial and enamalled signs inscribed
"Telephone" with wrought iron scrolling and finial on top.
It contains a decimalised A/B coinbox (not working), a 292 telephone with the wrong
baseplate and other fittings which do not appear to be original.
The kiosk was-originally situated outside a sub post office in Church Road, Potters
Bar, Barnet, London, where it stood until the mid 1970's. It was restored and
re-erected in circa 1984 as an exhibit of the East Anglia Transport Museum.
Information provided by Roy Makewell of the East Anglia Transport Museum.
Listing NGR: TM5057590232
Other nearby listed buildings