This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4611 / 52°27'39"N
Longitude: -0.7684 / 0°46'6"W
OS Eastings: 483776
OS Northings: 285503
OS Grid: SP837855
Mapcode National: GBR CV1.QK1
Mapcode Global: VHDR2.MDNP
Entry Name: Pipewell Hall and Wall Attached to Right
Listing Date: 10 August 1983
Last Amended: 19 June 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052035
English Heritage Legacy ID: 231143
Location: Wilbarston, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14
Civil Parish: Wilbarston
Civil Parish/community: Rushton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Rushton with Glendon All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
Pipewell Hall and wall attached to right
(Formerly Listed as: PIPEWELL Pipewell Hall)
Mansion. Dated 1675 (on finial to rear of right-hand wing) with C19 alterations, some by L.M Gotch. Coursed squared limestone and limestone rubble, fishscale tile roof, moulded stone ridge and left lateral stacks, right lateral stacks of stone and brick. 2 storeys and attic. H-plan with later porch and addition between wings to rear. Parapet gables. Main block has studded door in central ashlar porch with parapet and Tudor style entrance arch. 3-light chamfered mullioned windows to either side, with hood moulds. 3 similar 2-light windows above. 2 2-light gabled dormers. Right-hand wing of squared stone has canted bay to ground floor, 2 2-light chamfered mullioned windows with hood moulds to first floor and smaller 2- light window without hood-mould to attic. Left-hand wing has similar detail but is of coursed rubble, with raised ashlar quoins and a raised band between storeys to return. Low gabled wing to right, dated 1864 has 2-light casement windows with decorative lattice glazing.
Interior has C17 style stair in left-hand wing. Right-hand ground floor room has small inglenook with plain bressumer.
Wall attached to right has decorative cresting and incorporates some carved stone.
Listing NGR: SP8377685503
Other nearby listed buildings