This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8012 / 52°48'4"N
Longitude: -2.4324 / 2°25'56"W
OS Eastings: 370944
OS Northings: 322717
OS Grid: SJ709227
Mapcode National: GBR 7X.WPNV
Mapcode Global: WH9CJ.LVXD
Entry Name: Standford Hall
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052293
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362066
Location: Edgmond, Telford and Wrekin, TF10
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Edgmond
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Edgmond St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
EDGMOND STANDFORD HALL
5362 Standford Hall
SJ 72 SW 20/200 18.6.59
C17 at south end with wing at rear (north) which was extended in C18 when east front
was built to form large red brick house. Plain tile roof, gabled north end, hipped
south end. Moulded stone parapet with cornice. Two storeys and attic. East front
9-bays. Sashes with glazing bars in segmental arch openings, some blind. Central
segmental arched doorway with fanlight and later glazed door. Five gabled dormers.
Large brick chimney stack off centre and modern end stack.
Left-hand return (south) 2 storeys, 5 bays, brick stringcourse, mid C19 ground floor
bay and Victorian wooden porch.
Interior: staircase in south end, the top stage is C17 with slat balusters, moulded
handrail and string, and square newels. Bottom stage early C19. Stopped chamfered
ceiling beams in south end.
Listing NGR: SJ7094422717
Other nearby listed buildings