This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9608 / 51°57'38"N
Longitude: -1.4249 / 1°25'29"W
OS Eastings: 439610
OS Northings: 229303
OS Grid: SP396293
Mapcode National: GBR 6SR.0KQ
Mapcode Global: VHBZ4.8Z17
Entry Name: 24, the Green
Listing Date: 27 August 1956
Last Amended: 18 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052515
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251888
Location: Great Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Great Tew
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Tew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GREAT TEW THE GREEN
SP3929 (East side)
27/08/56 (Formerly listed as Cottage
House. C17. Coursed squared marlstone; Stanesfield-slate and plain-tile roofs
with ashlar stacks. L-plan. 2 storeys. Regular 2-window front has a doorway with
wooden canopy, to left of centre, between 3-light casements in moulded stone
surrounds with labels; two 3-light stone-mullioned windows with labels at first
floor. All windows have lattice glazing Gables have parapets. C19 central stack
has plinth and moulded cap. Tiled rear wing in C17 style may be a later
addition. Interior: large inglenook fireplace with chamfered bressumer;
chamfered and stopped beam; formerly a through passage to rear wing.
(Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.627).
Listing NGR: SP3961129319
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings