History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ibstock Close

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Tew, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.955 / 51°57'17"N

Longitude: -1.4425 / 1°26'32"W

OS Eastings: 438410

OS Northings: 228644

OS Grid: SP384286

Mapcode National: GBR 6SQ.G4F

Mapcode Global: VHBZ9.Y494

Entry Name: Ibstock Close

Listing Date: 27 August 1956

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1052528

English Heritage Legacy ID: 251919

Location: Little Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Little Tew

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Little Tew

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Swerford

Listing Text

LITTLE TEW THE GREEN
SP3828 (North side)
11/109 Ibstock Close
27/08/56

GV II

Farmhouse, now house. C17, enlarged c.1900 and altered early C20. Marlstone
ashlar and coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; Stonesfield-slate
roofs with ashlar stacks. 2-unit plan, extended to 4 units and further enlarged.
2 storeys plus attic. 3-window ashlar front of earliest range has a central
doorway below a 3-light stone-mullioned window, and has 2-storey canted 6-light
mullioned and transomed bay windows in the outer bays, above which are gables
with stone-mullioned attic windows. All features are probably C20 except for a
re-set datestone above the door with 1630 in strapwork decoration. To left are 2
further bays in rubble with renewed 3-light stone-mullioned windows. The right
gable wall has original 3-light mullioned windows on 3 floors and there is one
similar window at the rear. Most of the rear consists of later extensions. Some
gables have stone parapets. Interior not inspected. The house was the vicarage
for a period from 1880.
(V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, Vol.XI, p.249; Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.691).


Listing NGR: SP3841028644

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.