This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9505 / 51°57'1"N
Longitude: -1.3901 / 1°23'24"W
OS Eastings: 442015
OS Northings: 228181
OS Grid: SP420281
Mapcode National: GBR 7V3.PCH
Mapcode Global: VHBZB.V7HK
Entry Name: House Approximately 10 Metres East of the Steps
Listing Date: 18 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052533
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251934
Location: Sandford St. Martin, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Sandford St. Martin
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sandford St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SANDFORD ST.MARTIN LEDWELL
6/124 House approx. 10m. E of The
House, formerly partly village school. 1713 on datestone; part probably slightly
later. Coursed squared marlstone with some ashlar dressings; Welsh-slate roof
with brick stacks. 4-unit plan. Dated half to right, of 2 storeys plus attic,
has two 3-light casements on each floor and a central segmental-arched opening,
now entrance and adjoining window. Flat arches have ashlar voussoirs. Recessed
panel in datestone is inscribed "C/AA/1713". 3-storey left half has a central
doorway between 2-light casements, and has two 3-light casements on each of the
upper floors. All openings have 3-stone flat arches. Both parts have a chamfered
plinth and there is a Victorian post box in the centre of the front. Continuous
roof has gable parapets with projecting kneelers, 3 stacks, and has 2 gabled
dormers over the right section. Gabled stair tower to rear of right half.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP4202028183
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings