This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9774 / 51°58'38"N
Longitude: -1.4279 / 1°25'40"W
OS Eastings: 439390
OS Northings: 231146
OS Grid: SP393311
Mapcode National: GBR 6SB.ZSF
Mapcode Global: VHBZ4.6KGH
Entry Name: Roundhill Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052570
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251825
Location: Great Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Great Tew
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Great Tew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GREAT TEW A361
SP33SE (South side)
2/12 Roundhill Farmhouse
Farmhouse. 1708 on datestone but possibly early C19. Coursed squared marlstone
with ashlar dressings; Stonesfield-slate roof. 3-unit plan with rear wing. One
storey plus attic. 3-window front has doorway to left of centre, with ribbed
door, flat arch and a gabled stone-roofed porch, and has three 2-light
stone-mullioned windows with labels; at first floor are gabled 2-light half
dormers. Left end wall has 2 similar mullioned windows at ground floor, one
blocked, and has, below the gable, a shield-shaped plaque containing arms and
the date "MDCCVIII". Gables have parapets and ashlar stacks built up in brick.
Small rear wing also has parapet. Interior not inspected. The buildings form an
important element in the farm landscape developed by J.C. Loudon c.1810.
Listing NGR: SP3939031146
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings